Saturday, April 02, 2011

Khannnnnnnnn !


So I was asked to remix Soul Khan's track "Fe La Soul" earlier this year.


I'm always very nervous about going near hip-hop as the flow is way more important than the music - thankfully Soul Khan has some seriously good flow, so once the idea was formed (the difficult part) as to where I could take the track, the actual production was, for once, relatively straight forward. I don't think I've ever had such a clear idea what I wanted to do with a remix until this track - usually the end result differs significantly from the target set, but not so in this case.


What pleasantly surprised me more however is how well the whole resultant remix / mash up album fits together. Needless to say I'm in some very good company on the production side, but I would urge you to judge for yourselves. Get it for the whole experience.


Being the generous chap he is you can download the whole original album for free also. Please do both and spread the word.



No comments:

Post a Comment